Sardine curry recipe using tinned sardines
Sardine curry using tinned sardines in tomato sauce. For those times you don’t have much food in… Which for many of us is RIGHT NOW, this tinned sardine recipe using will come to the rescue time and again. Honestly tinned sardines recipes should be on everyone’s weekly meal planner!
Sardine curry recipe
Nutritious and cheap, tinned sardines last in the cupboard for a long time. With this Bangladeshi sardine curry recipe, they don’t even smell (the spices and garlic take care of that). Plus sardines and rice are a match made in heaven.
Ingredients for sardine curry
- 2 tins of sardines (preferably in sardines in tomato sauce and with bones)
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1 fresh green chilli (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 flat tsp turmeric powder
- 1 flat tsp curry powder
- 1 flat tsp dried coriander powder
Method for sardine curry
- Fry the onions with the salt until soft and slightly translucent
- Finely chop the garlic and stir in
- Add in the dried spices, cook for a further few minutes
- Throw in the sardines (I choose to rub off the scales, but this is optional) and stir for a few minutes so some of the fish breaks down (but it can still remain chunky)
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Enjoy curried sardines with boiled rice.
And you’re done! Sardine curry and rice. It’s as easy as that.
Latest on YouTube
About the Author
I’m not a makeup artist, chef, lifestyle guru or stylist. I’m just me. And like you, I’m trying to make the best of most things, only I’m sharing my warts-and-all thoughts along the way.